Did you realize when you started your business that it didn’t come with an instruction guide?
Everything you buy comes with instructions basically right?
When you decided to do the thing that you do to make money in your business you probably learned how to do that to some extent right? Or you developed the skill or know-how along your journey.
Yet what you learned more than likely didn’t teach you what you really needed to know about how to become successful at running a business actually providing that skill or product did it?
Running a successful, moneymaking business is a learned skill on its own. Regardless of what you do as your service or what product you sell, you need to figure out how to set up the business, what business models or structure to have, what to sell and for how much, what systems you need for lead generation, marketing, sales and customer retention. You need to know how to run the operations and backend of your business such as knowing your numbers, budgeting, planning and hiring.
But unfortunately we’re not handed an Entrepreneur Instruction Guide, we fumble along trying to figure it out on our own. Some of us realize we could use some direction and ask for help, but many do not which is why many businesses fail.
Sometimes we let ourselves get in the way too (our head trash).
Here are a few things you can do to hone your Entrepreneurial Business Skills now:
- Go to the local Business Development Agency or similar (S.C.O.R.E.) in your area and see if they have classes on how to do a business or marketing plan, budgeting or set up in general.
- Seek out programs, products and training programs and learn.
- Read books other Entrepreneurs wrote like the E-Myth by Michael Gerber for one.
- Attend workshops and seminars where you can learn more how to build the systems and structure of the business
- Hone your sales skills – all Entrepreneurs are sales people whether you like to believe it or not
- Hire another Entrepreneur to mentor you – someone that can teach you the business-building skills the most affordable and effective ways possible.
Regardless of what you do, find a way to learn and implement what you need to know to build a more profitable, successful business as soon as possible.